Saturday, February 21, 2009

Finally some Pics







I have finally gotten around to going to a hotspot to post some pics here!! This is a picture of Elliot the Hero, a Boyds Bear. This guy was done for my uncle who is a firefighter in Markham, just outside of Toronto. The helmet even sports my uncle's own helmet number. I will get him framed shortly and pass him onto to his new owner. I'm certain that my uncle will apreciate the piece. The top picture, thanks to blogger, is my heartache-happy dance from New Years. Taj Mahal Mandala Garden by Chatelaine. The fabric was 2 inches shorter then stated on the packaging, leading to me not being able to complete it at that time. I have since received the supplies to complete the project, and have been happily stitching on it for 2 weeks. The next picture is my current progress on The Three Graces, a Josephine Wall artwork from Heaven and Earth Designs. I was drawn to this chart by the amount of colours, over a hundred. It is a really pleasure to work on, but it will take me a great deal of time to complete. What you see is 8 pages of 36 completed and has taken me almost 2 years to complete that much!
On Wednesday I got to meet and stitch with Rebecca of Rebel in Ontario. I'd post a link but I haven't played with Blogger enough to do so yet!! It was great to finally meet Rebecca after almost 3 years of corresponding online!!! She has a wonderful family and a beautiful home and I can't wait for the next get together!! And it was great to finally have a stitching session!!! I have been stitching for 15 years or so and never found anyone to stitch with. Only one of my friends cross-stitch but unfortunately not often. She hasn't developed the same obsession the rest of us have I guess!!!


1 comment:

Rebel In Ontario said...

I'm OBSESSED! I'm OBSESSED! Come stitch with me any time you would like! Your WIP pictures are BEAUTIFUL...next time you are over you will have to bring all your pieces with you and we will have to do a show and share.